eRideShare has several security features and suggestions for the benefit of its users, but responsibility for safety rests with the user alone.
- You must be at least 18 years old to use this service.
- Please keep in mind that the internet is like a big city with all kinds of people in it. Don't travel with someone you don't trust. By using this service you agree that eRideShare.com, partner organizations and individuals including organizers or sponsors of carpool groups, and related persons are not responsible for your safety, comfort, or successful travel arrangements, or for your belongings, or for any other liability with regard to your use of this website.
- Postings and email to members using this service must be polite in tone.
- Only one posting per ride, please. You can place additional information in the origin, destination, or comment fields to indicate flexibility in travel arrangements. A separate listing for the return leg of a round trip is welcome.
- Contacting other users and making postings are permitted only for personal use for the purpose of arranging a ride. Exceptions for organizations are as follows: Companies or groups can make postings for their internal carpools and trips without additional contact information such as URLs or phone numbers (so that contacts go through the site; we will help you arrange this with an organization-specific search option). Transportation companies or agencies, public or private, may make postings only by arrangement (based on compensation either by cross-linking or payment). In no case may emails be sent to members promoting a website or otherwise promoting a public or private venture or service, except by negotiated agreement; unauthorized contacts will be billed to your organization at $150 per contact.
- Reposting of listings on other websites or apps, is prohibited.
- If any single part of this agreement is legally held to be invalid, the remainder of the agreement shall remain in force.
- All material in this site is ©1999-2018.
- This Terms of Service / User Agreement may be modified at any time without notice. The user agrees to observe updates and amendments to these Terms of Service as a condition for continued use of this web site.
- The only information that eRideShare requires for a membership is your email address, along with a member ID and password of your choosing. To place a listing you must provide information about your origin, destination, and dates of travel. In addition, you may optionally provide a profile or include additional information in your listing, such as your name, address, phone number, hobbies, etc., or upload a photo. We keep a record of email correspondence that passes through the eRideShare website. We recommend that you do not post your email address anywhere on your listing or profile as this may be scanned by a bot and used to send you spam. We do not collect credit card data.
- eRideShare.com is hosted on a server provided by Modwest Inc. We respect your privacy, and will not distribute member information, except in response to verified requests from law enforcement or emergency services, or to the organizer of a password-protected group that you participate in. We do not share data with third parties for marketing purposes. When appropriate a technical consultant may be given confidential access to the eRideShare database for system management purposes. IP addresses are collected for most transactions.
- In order to better serve our user community, correspondence through this site may be monitored.
- Links are provided on the tools page, www.erideshare.com/tools.php, for editing or deleting account, listing, or profile information.
- All listings are subject to renewal or deletion after one year. Account and profile information is deleted only by the member using the form provided.